TRUE Mentors is seeking a full-time Program Director. The Program Director is responsible for the planning and oversight of our three key programs (Matching, Enrichment Clubs and Teen Internship Program) and their supporting functions. It is the responsibility of the Program Director to recruit both families and volunteers to participate in TRUE Mentors, to support the match relationship managers and community partners, and to set the strategy to expand the organization. Furthermore, the Program Director will be responsible for enabling others through successful execution and optimizing the experience for both volunteers and families.
The ideal candidate would have a passion for the organization’s mission and three years of teaching experience, leadership experience, or program development. The Program Director will need to be self-motivated, confident, and able to work independently.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide direct oversight and management of the organizations three key programs (Matching, Enrichment Clubs and Teen Internship Program) and their supporting functions
- Recruit families and volunteers to participate in TRUE Mentors and provide support to these individuals
- Conduct meetings with volunteers, relationship managers, mentors, etc.
- Assist Executive Director with organization needs
- Provide training and onboarding for new volunteers and participants
- Strategic planning around volunteer changes and program expansion
- 2-3 years of experience working with children as a teacher, school counselor or similar field
- 2-3 years of successful leadership experience in managing people and processes
- Successful track record for developing and executing on a strategy
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of child development phases including physical and emotional changes
- Ability to manage aggressive deadlines while maintaining meticulous attention to detail
- Capacity to serve as a planner and provider of structure that enables others to thrive
- Passion for improving the lives of children
- Interest in creating systems and processes that lead to organizational effectiveness
- Strong work ethic and an internal fire that drives achievement
- Strong sense of responsibility and accountability
- Comfortable leading and coordinating both adults and children
- Experience managing or directing volunteers
- Team player