We’re always looking to add members to the growing TRUE Mentors family of dedicated volunteers!
Fundraising Team positions include:
- Fundraising Coordinator
- Lead / Donor Generation
- Data Entry
Currently Available Position:
True Mentors mission is to unearth the excellence of youth ages 7-17 in Hoboken through relationships. We have three main programs that help us form relationships with youth clubs, mentoring, and internships. are a fantastic way to contribute to the TM mission and build your resume.
This position focuses on gaining funds to run our organization through, fundraising events and campaigns, business partnerships, cultivating repeated donors to the organization, increase in organizational savings and maintenance of positive and lasting contact with donors.
Duties of the Position:
- Help plan and execute on 4 major fundraising events per year
- Cultivate new business partnerships
- Track donations and input into Salesforce
- Pursue corporate giving opportunities (minimum 1 a month) and help manage when outside people ask to raise funds for us (e.g. Taco Truck’s event, KW Masquerade)
- Stay positive about events – people will only buy in if you are there and excited!
- Research ways to improve personal giving or donations via website and endowments
- Research ways to be smarter with funds (CD/savings account etc.)
- Research best way to optimize QuickBooks and other software for tracking funds.
- Have background knowledge in finance, QuickBooks, etc.
- Maintain relationships with donors
Requirements of the Position:
- Should be at least 18 years of age and live in Hoboken or the surrounding area.
- Should be able to commit for a minimum of 4 months or based on a project to the position
- Enjoy event planning, and creative thinking.
- Know the impact of the organization and feel comfortable sharing with donors.
- No shame in asking people to support the organization.
- Comfortable promoting events through own social circle and social media.
- Possible knowledge of cd’s/endowments/virtual giving options/ACH/QuickBooks.
- Comfortable making an ask to a corporation/connections to local corporations.
- Should maintain connect with Program Director and evaluator for impact information.
Growth in the Organization:
Contributing to the raising of funds, successful attendance at events, knowledge among donors, and performing duties will indicate the volunteer’s outstanding abilities and thus he/she may be given more responsibilities and a suitable position depending on organization’s needs and desire of volunteer.